Seeking Handmade Ornaments
Deadline: Sunday, October 3
With the holiday season approaching, Vision Gallery is stocking our gift shop with local handmade goods, and we are inviting artists in our community to apply to have their works included for sale. Based on customer demand, we are specifically looking for Christmas ornaments, but we are open to considering a wide range of holiday-themed gifts including jewelry, décor, and more. There is no fee to submit, and applications will be considered by Vision Gallery staff. You do not need to have your full inventory made when you apply – we just want to see a sample!
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A photo of each example item you propose including in our store
- A brief description of each item (medium, size, special features, etc.)
- The retail sales price of each item (remember the 50/50 split)
- Full inventory of selected items will need to arrive at the gallery by 11/13
Seeking New Gift Shop Vendors
Vision Gallery is looking for new artist vendors for our gift shop! If you make cards, home decor items, or anything else unique or handmade, we’d love to talk to you about selling your items in our store. We typically work on consignment basis and split commissions 50/50. Please note – we are not looking for new jewelry vendors at this time.
If you think your products would fit our store, send an email to email@example.com that includes a brief description of your items, typical retail prices, and a few photos or a link to your website.
Unsolicited Exhibition Proposals
Installation view of the exhibition Concerned, but Powerless, by artist Safwat Saleem
Are you interested in showing your work at Vision Gallery or the Chandler Center for the Arts? We always accept exhibition proposals for both spaces and jury them on a rolling basis during the months of January and June. Please click the button below to access our submission form.
Interested artists are encouraged to contact gallery staff prior to submission with any questions they may have. Gallery staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 480-782-2695.
- Incomplete and improperly formatted applications may not receive a response
- Small group exhibitions including 2-4 artists in different media organized around a common theme are more likely to be accepted than solo exhibitions. This benefits both the gallery and the artists as it attracts a wider variety of viewers, but still allows the artists to display a cohesive body of work, as opposed to individual objects.
- Solo artists may still apply, but will be considered for both group and solo exhibitions.
- The quality of your images matters. Make sure your photographs are in focus, well lit, and with a plain background. It is possible to take good photographs with your phone, but if you have a better option – use it! Here is a good tutorial for taking quality pictures of your artwork with a smartphone.
- We do not have a budget for shipping artwork. If you live outside of Arizona, it may be quite costly to get your artwork to and from the gallery.
- Take a look at our past exhibitions to get a feel for the kinds of shows we host.
- If your primary goal is selling artwork, we might not be the right gallery for you. Although we are thrilled when artwork sells, our focus is on hosting engaging, thought-provoking exhibitions for our community to enjoy and not commercial sales.
Vision Kids Classes
The Vision Gallery offers its Vision Kids Programs in a variety of media and all classes are taught by local professional artists. The classes are offered to the Phoenix metropolitan community free of charge to the participants, and are underwritten by individuals, corporations, and grant funding.
Gallery at the CCA
The Gallery at the Chandler Center for the Arts is curated by the Vision Gallery as part of the Arts Center Division of the City of Chandler. Both galleries are non-profit art galleries managed by the Chandler Cultural Foundation and host six to eight exhibitions per year.
Vision Gallery in the News
The Vision Gallery, Gallery at the CCA, and Chandler’s Public Art program are regularly featured in local media outlets including the SanTan Sun News, Phoenix New Times, AZ Redbook, and KJZZ. Read recent stories and find links here.