Vision Kids Program
Vision Gallery hosts VISION KIDS, is a series of art classes taught by professional artists for kids ages six to sixteen, offered free of charge. VISION KIDS students come from all areas of the Valley and represent a wide array of diverse backgrounds; anyone can participate!
Classes are offered on Saturdays during the school year in morning (10am) and afternoon (1pm) sessions. Our students learn techniques in a variety of media including drawing, watercolor, ceramics, photography, and more! VISION KIDS is designed to inspire children’s creativity and empower them to integrate art into their daily lives.
The VISION KIDS program provides children with the opportunity to work with a professional artist and create a piece of art that is representative of their own creativity. It gives them the opportunity to develop important avenues for self-expression and an understanding of the creative process.
VISION KIDS is made possible through the support of the Chandler Cultural Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization. Your generous donations help to make visual and performance arts accessible to our Chandler community and beyond.
Vision Kids Policies
- There is a registration limit of three classes per child, per semester. Registration is first-come, first-serve, and remains open until all classes are full.
- Classes are held Saturdays at Vision Gallery at 10am and 1pm, and are two hours long.
- A parent or guardian is required to attend the workshop and remain at Vision Gallery for the duration of the class.
- We will email a reminder to confirm your attendance a week before the class, with a deadline of 4pm on the Wednesday before the class. If we don’t have a confirmation from you by that deadline, you may lose your reservation. We will always attempt to contact you several times before opening up the reservation, and we will let you know if we must take this action. We ask that parents maintain open communication by checking their email and voicemails.
- We keep a waitlist for all of our classes; due to busy schedules, illness, etc, it’s not uncommon for us to have several cancellations per class. It never hurts to put your name on the list!
- If your child is unable to attend a class, please call at least 48 hours in advance so a child on the waiting list can be admitted.
- If your child is sick, we kindly ask that you keep them home; please give us a call as soon as you can so we can attempt to fill the spot.
- It is important that we fill each class to capacity; therefore, last minute cancellations (not due to illness) or no shows may result in your child being removed from future classes.
- Vision Gallery staff may photograph the class for marketing purposes. If your child should not be photographed, please let us know.
Registration for spring classes is currently full. For future classes, you can register online via Eventbrite (preferred), in person at Vision Gallery, or over the phone at 480-782-2697. To register online, use the links for individual classes listed below or visit our organizer profile on Eventbrite. If a class is full, you can sign up for the waitlist for that class via Eventbrite as well. As of January 30 all spring classes are full, but have waitlists available.
If you would like to sign up for our Anytime Waitlist, please call (480-782-2697) or email us (email@example.com).
REGISTRATION IS FULL FOR SPRING 2020
Waitlists are available for all classes.
10 East Chicago Street
Chandler, AZ 85225
M-F: 10:00am – 5:00pm
SAT: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Vision Kids Classes
The Vision Gallery offers its Vision Kids Programs in a variety of media and all classes are taught by local professional artists. The classes are offered to the Phoenix metropolitan community free of charge to the participants, and are underwritten by individuals, corporations, and grant funding.
Gallery at the CCA
The Gallery at the Chandler Center for the Arts is curated by the Vision Gallery as part of the Arts Center Division of the City of Chandler. Both galleries are non-profit art galleries managed by the Chandler Cultural Foundation and host six to eight exhibitions per year.
Vision Gallery in the News
The Vision Gallery, Gallery at the CCA, and Chandler’s Public Art program are regularly featured in local media outlets including the SanTan Sun News, Phoenix New Times, AZ Redbook, and KJZZ. Read recent stories and find links here.