Vision Kids Program
Vision Gallery hosts VISION KIDS, is a series of art classes taught by professional artists for kids ages six to sixteen, offered free of charge. VISION KIDS students come from all areas of the Valley and represent a wide array of diverse backgrounds; anyone can participate!
Classes are offered on Saturdays during the school year in morning (10am) and afternoon (1pm) sessions. Our students learn techniques in a variety of media including drawing, watercolor, ceramics, photography, and more! VISION KIDS is designed to inspire children’s creativity and empower them to integrate art into their daily lives.
The VISION KIDS program provides children with the opportunity to work with a professional artist and create a piece of art that is representative of their own creativity. It gives them the opportunity to develop important avenues for self-expression and an understanding of the creative process.
VISION KIDS is made possible through the support of the Chandler Cultural Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization. Your generous donations help to make visual and performance arts accessible to our Chandler community and beyond.
Registration is open for our Fall classes! All classes will take place virtually on Zoom. We are so glad to still be able to make art with you from our own homes. Please take a look at the schedule below and take note of the following:
- Classes are held on Saturdays at 10am and 1pm via Zoom
- There is a limit of 35 students per class
- There is a 3-class limit per child; if you would like to take more classes, please email email@example.com to be added to our Anytime Waitlist to fill classes last-minute.
- When you are registering, you will be asked if you would like to supply all your own materials for the class, pick up some materials supplied by Vision Gallery, or if you need assistance with all of the supplies. There is a limit of 20 partial supply kits and 5 complete supply kits for each morning and afternoon class. Each event page has complete information about the supplies needed.
- Supply kits for those who reserve them will be available for pick-up at Vision Gallery during our business hours beginning the Saturday before the class.
Self-Guided Art Activities
Good news – art can happen wherever you are! We made some fun coloring sheets based on artworks on display at Vision Gallery that are available for you to download any time. You can also download the map for the Art Spot scavenger hunt! Follow the map to go on an art-finding adventure in Downtown Chandler.
Fall classes are open for registration!
10 East Chicago Street
Chandler, AZ 85225
M-F: 10:00am – 5:00pm
SAT: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Vision Kids Classes
The Vision Gallery offers its Vision Kids Programs in a variety of media and all classes are taught by local professional artists. The classes are offered to the Phoenix metropolitan community free of charge to the participants, and are underwritten by individuals, corporations, and grant funding.
Gallery at the CCA
The Gallery at the Chandler Center for the Arts is curated by the Vision Gallery as part of the Arts Center Division of the City of Chandler. Both galleries are non-profit art galleries managed by the Chandler Cultural Foundation and host six to eight exhibitions per year.
Vision Gallery in the News
The Vision Gallery, Gallery at the CCA, and Chandler’s Public Art program are regularly featured in local media outlets including the SanTan Sun News, Phoenix New Times, AZ Redbook, and KJZZ. Read recent stories and find links here.